There are many things specific to your home that you’ll want to consider when analyzing your energy usage. These could include the direction your windows face, the number of floors your home has and even the style of your home. All of these can impact the amount of energy your home needs to stay comfortable year-round.
It might seem overwhelming when deciding where to begin, but we’re here to help. That’s why we offer the SRP Home Energy Assessment to help you get a better idea of your home’s energy use.
What is an SRP Home Energy Assessment?
A Home Energy Assessment is an appointment with an experienced SRP Energy Ambassador who performs a thorough 90-minute evaluation of your home and how it uses energy. Your Energy Ambassador will then generate a detailed report based on their findings.
Customers can decide between an in-person or virtual appointment. The in-person assessment is free for customers who meet certain income requirements, while it will cost $49 for all others. All virtual assessments are free.
This energy-saving opportunity isn’t exclusive to just homeowners! If you live in a complex that has four units or fewer, talk with your property manager about why you’d like to have your home assessed. With their approval, you can schedule an assessment.
Reasons to get an assessment
- Better understand how your home uses energy.
- Receive energy-saving advice tailored to your home.
- Learn about appliance rebates you may qualify for.
- Receive a free home Energy Savings Kit (valued up to $250).
- Income-qualified customers* who have a refrigerator that is 16 years or older (ENERGY STAR® models) or 12 years or older (non-ENERGY STAR models) at the time of their assessment are eligible for a brand-new refrigerator.
What’s in the home Energy Savings Kit?
One of the best perks of completing a home assessment is receiving a free Energy Savings Kit! Included in the kit are up to:
- 25 ENERGY STAR certified LED dimmable bulbs
- Two LED nightlights
- Two efficient-flow showerheads
- Four bathroom faucet aerators
- One kitchen faucet aerator
What to expect
Scheduling an appointment is easy — just be sure to have your SRP account number ready. This can be found on your bill or on SRP My Account™. If you opt for a virtual appointment, you will have the option to schedule a phone or video chat through Skype, FaceTime or Duo.
An SRP Energy Ambassador will then assess the energy use of your appliances, lighting and heating and cooling equipment. Afterward, they will create a home assessment report along with a customized list of energy-saving products. You can expect to receive these items within 1-2 weeks after your assessment.
*Income-qualified customers are SRP Economy Price Plan participants or can provide letter verifying LIHEAP, WIC or SNAP eligibility.