Blog Home » Customer Service » How to request bill assistance 
Man stands in front of the kitchen window while talking on the phone.

How to request bill assistance 

In addition to working directly with our customers, SRP works closely with community agencies that help customers facing financial and personal hardships. If you’re having trouble paying your SRP electric bill for any reason, help is a phone call away.  

Community action agencies or programs provide a variety of services, which may include utility assistance, rental or mortgage assistance, food boxes and other needs. For a full list of community action agencies across the Valley, including outside of SRP’s service territory, visit SRP’s Agency Referral Page.

How to request bill assistance

1. Call SRP Customer Service

To learn what resources are available to you, call (602) 236-8888 (English) or (602) 236-1111 (español). SRP’s customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For specialized assistance, you can reach a Customer Resource Counselor between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays or opt to receive a call back when one is available. 

2. Connect with an SRP Customer Resource Counselor

SRP’s Customer Resource Counselors can connect you with community agencies that may be able to help with utility bills and other living expenses. SRP customers will be referred to agencies based on where they live. 

3. Connect with a community action agency

Once connected with an agency, you’ll be given specific instructions on how to apply for financial support. The agency can also explain how and when your bills may be covered once your eligibility is determined and funding is approved. 

It’s not too late to request help 

Community assistance funds are limited, so if you need assistance, we urge you to reach out as soon as you can.   

The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) can help income-qualified households pay their energy bill. Call (602) 236-8888 today to speak with an SRP Customer Resource Counselor to see if you qualify for this program.  

Emergency Rental Assistance offers qualifying households up to 18 months of assistance for past-due, current and even future payments for rent, electricity, water, gas and other utility services.  

The federal Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) helps homeowners who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. You can learn more and apply online or call the AZ HAF hotline at (833) 931-3600, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  

Don’t fall victim to a scam

Unfortunately, in times like these, scammers are targeting our customers. Here are some ways to spot a scam.  

Remember, SRP will never:  

  • Call you to threaten disconnection within an hour   
  • Demand immediate payment with a prepaid card  
  • Show up at your home and request access indoors   
  • Ask for sensitive data through email or over the phone   

Contact SRP now for help 

SRP is here to help. Call right away to request bill assistance or to start the application process with a community agency. 

5 thoughts on “How to request bill assistance ”

    1. Hi Chad, thank you for your concern and question. We have been working hard to share this message to our customers via email, mailers, social media, our website, blog and media releases so that the news channels can share the information as well. If you know anyone who is having trouble paying their electric bill for any reason, please have them call us at (602) 236-8888. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, and we’re here to help. Thank you!

  1. Hi Team- thank you all for your kindness and assistance. I am filling out the application for assistance at this moment.

    I get to a page where I am being asked to upload my documents (photo id, copy of my bill, etc…)

    I am on a public computer and perhaps that is why I am not able to upload.
    Is there an email or fax number that I can use for sending my documents?
    Thanks in advance.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top