In addition to working directly with our customers, SRP works closely with community agencies that help customers facing financial and personal hardships. If you’re having trouble paying your SRP electric bill for any reason, help is a phone call away.
Community action agencies or programs provide a variety of services, which may include utility assistance, rental or mortgage assistance, food boxes and other needs. For a full list of community action agencies across the Valley, including outside of SRP’s service territory, visit SRP’s Agency Referral Page.
How to request bill assistance
1. Call SRP Customer Service
To learn what resources are available to you, call (602) 236-8888 (English) or (602) 236-1111 (español). SRP’s customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, you can reach a Customer Resource Counselor or opt to receive a call back when one is available.
2. Connect with an SRP Customer Resource Counselor
SRP’s Customer Resource Counselors can connect you with community agencies that may be able to help with utility bills and other living expenses. SRP customers will be referred to agencies based on where they live.
3. Connect with a community action agency
Once connected with an agency, you’ll be given specific instructions on how to apply for financial support. The agency can also explain how and when your bills may be covered once your eligibility is determined and funding is approved.
It’s not too late to request help
Community assistance funds are limited, so if you need assistance, we urge you to reach out as soon as you can.
- The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) can help income-qualified households pay their energy bill. Call (602) 236-8888 today to speak with an SRP Customer Resource Counselor to see if you qualify for this program.
- Emergency Rental Assistance offers qualifying households up to 15 months of assistance for past-due, current and even future payments for rent, electric, water, gas and other utility services, and until funds are exhausted. Call (602) 236-8888 today to speak with an SRP Customer Resource Counselor to see if you qualify for this program.
- The federal Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) helps homeowners who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. The HAF is a foreclosure-prevention program that can assist with up to $25,000 per eligible homeowner to help pay for 12 months of mortgage payments, utility payments, internet services, property insurance and taxes (not included in mortgage payments), and HOA fees. You can learn more and apply online or call the AZ HAF hotline at (833) 931-3600, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Don’t fall victim to a scam
Unfortunately, in times like these, scammers are targeting our customers. Here are some ways to spot a scam.
Remember, SRP will never:
- Call you to threaten disconnection within an hour
- Demand immediate payment with a prepaid card
- Show up at your home and request access indoors
- Ask for sensitive data through email or over the phone
Contact SRP now for help
SRP is here to help. Call right away to request bill assistance or to start the application process with a community agency.